Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Few of My favorite Things

I am really looking forward to time in the studio today. It’s one of those days where the garden and studio blend into one, and there is no place I would rather be.

No iTunes for now. Singing birds, wind chimes and falling water provide the perpetual soundtrack to my designing whims. All the players know their role and there is perfect harmony here.

Upon observing the promise of the day, I was eager to see my 3 ½ mile power walk to completion. And I confess, part two of my workout, my yoga postures, was a bit hurried in anticipation of what was to come.

One of my favorite rituals is to take on creative tasks after I have adorned myself with my treasures. So today I am wearing a top given to me by my friend Donna. It was hers before it was mine. She is a creative and spiritual being, also a fellow musician. I like that this colorful clothing has a history with her. I am sure that’s why it always feels so wonderful to wear it.



I’m also wearing a favorite ring that I purchased for myself. It’s sharing the right hand with a charm bracelet that was a gift from my mother.




My left wrist, also charmed, honors my husband and celebrates 3 years of being cancer free.




It’s time to stop writing and dive into the sea of  bliss that awaits. Although my studio is a hop, skip and a jump away from Disneyland. For me, today this is the happiest place on earth.

Joyfully Yours,
Paula Estes
Botanical Artist and
Fan of Rituals

No comments:

Post a Comment